Kathryn Howes shares her thoughts on motherhood, writing for kids, and raising readers on her blog at Katey Writes. Once again, thank you!
Katey nominated me last week with a Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
- Display the award on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- State 7 things about yourself
- nominate 15 bloggers, link to them and notify them of the nomination.
Okay, Katie, I’ll give it a try. Not too certain if I can write about myself as I prefer to write stories about kids and for kids; not about me! My Grandpa Seibold would say that is being “big-headed”!
Seven Things About Me
- I rode my bike 55 miles for donations of 100 + books for my students.
2. My husband, Perry and I enjoy gardening on the Illinois Prairie.
3. My husband Perry and I enjoy baking and cooking. Using ingredients harvested from our garden is the best.
4. My sister, Jill and I are on a picture postcard!
5. I enjoy sewing and creating for the grandkids.
6. I am an educator of hundreds of students over the years from preschool through junior high and college level students. I am currently providing Reading & Writing lessons after school and during the summer for students in our community.
7. I am a member of The Write Team for The Macoupin County Enquirer~Democrat Newspaper.
Time for my nominations. Hope I am not breaking the rules by recognizing only seven inspirational writers instead of fifteen. My nominations are authors, educators, illustrators and writers , who enjoy reading, writing and creating. Reading about their creative journeys inspires me to read, write and create every day.
And now in no particular order . . . I present to you:
Please check out their blogs and you will see why each one is deserving of this award.
So dear authors, educators, illustrators and writerly friends, I recognize you with this Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Hope you can find some time in your busy lives of creating, educating, reading and writing to accept this award and pass it on to recognize others who enjoy the love of the written word.
P. S. I understand if you choose not to participate, as I know many folks do not like chain letters and chain blogs. I respect and value your time and know that you are reading, writing and creating good stuff. Please at least accept the recognition and the award.